Monday, January 21, 2019

Is Google Making Us Stupid – Reading Response

According to Carrs article, I noticed that the profits has obviously influenced humans spirit at a timeadays. Now, we prefer to obtain information easily and quickly without any intention of understanding it first. We are likely will not try to represent the information thoroughly anymore beca white plague the Internet has served all information instantaneously. I besides noticed about what Carr said about the Internet changed the manner we entail beca utilise unconsciously the Internet serves us all answers swiftly. This convenience ex binglerates us easily losing our focus on needing a long article.People now tend to skim rather than to read and understand the whole article, which kernel it is the beginning of the Internets bad effect. It made me think that Internet has become something crucial in our life that maybe we wadnot live without its being because of our addiction of it. Also, it made me think that the Internet could affect our judgement, and maybe it could r eprogram our brain. Personally, I use Internet very often, and after I read Carrs article, I arrive at that Internet has got into me.I employ to find information finished books or newspaper but now I barely tally those things anymore because why do I have to bother myself to read a long article instead I can use the Internet which give me all information that I need. Other than that, it is onerous to focus on reading a book because it forces us to think deeper. According to Cascio, that kind of abnormality called continuous partial attention-deficit disorder. It substance that it is hard for someone to engage in deep or in other word to think deeply about anything. This disorder authentically explains what Carrs thought that Internet could mitigate our concentration.As Carr wrote in his article, The Internet, an immeasurably sizable computing system, is subsuming most of our other intellectual technologies. Its becoming our map and our clock, our mental picture press and ou r typewriter, our calculator and our telephone, and our radio and TV made me think and realize that Internet really is our life right now. It tick offms that we can find, watch, hear, calculate, and even make anything through the Internet. However, it makes me shiver because it turns out that Internet really overwhelm our life, and at some point it can control our life.Hypothetically, when Internet overcomes our life, we start to see it as something that we cannot live without. As a result, people will use Internet all the time without even realize that it has become something that they can let go. I really like when Cascio wrote, And then theres the wonder of stability Would you want a chip in your compass point made by the same folks that made your cell phone, or your PC? because it made me envision that some point, there is going to be a time when our brain are liken to the technologies.It means that one day we are no different with robots that human measured base on the mos t recent and most sophisticated machine. It also reminded us that it is true that we need technologies, but on the other hand it is also important for us as human that we also value our cleverness by using our brains more than we use technology. Eventually, there is a question occurs in my head, what if we are no longer can use our brain to think and do small things by ourselves because we already get used to use technology? What will the world be if that happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment